Residential rate schedule (PDF): Water and Sewer bills are sent bi-monthly and are based on usage measured in 1,000 gallon increments.
How do I view my water and sewer bill?
There has been a modification to the format of account numbers. While your account number has not changed, your account number now includes leading zeros. Customer Number must equal 8 characters in length by adding leading zeros. Account Number must equal 7 characters in length by adding leading zeros. Click here to see the previous format, and how to convert to the new format.
Paying Water & Sewer Bill
There are many ways to pay your water and sewer bills.
How can I receive my bill by email instead of mail?
Who can I contact to get help understanding how my bill was calculated?
Who do I contact to set up, transfer or turn off my water and sewer service?
How do I request a credit if there has been a water leak in my home?
How do I find out what the flushing signs mean in my neighborhood?
A flushing sign means our crews will be cleaning the water lines in the area. The sign includes the dates we will be working in your neighborhood. Call Public Utilities at 804-365-6024 if you have questions.
How do I find out what a backflow preventer is and if I need one?
Backflow preventers are devices on your water line that prevent water from moving backwards, preventing possible contamination. It is required that each home has:
- A vacuum breaker on each outdoor spigot. These are inexpensive to purchase and available at most hardware stores.
- A backflow preventer on the irrigation system. These must be tested annually by a licensed backflow prevention tester. Most irrigation companies can provide this service.
How can I get a copy of my neighborhood’s annual water quality report?
Water quality reports tell you where your water comes from and what our tests show about its quality. They are updated once a year.
- Dianne Ridge water system (PDF)
- Georgetown water system (PDF)
- Hanover Suburban Water System Water Quality Report (PDF)
- Oak Hill Estates water system (PDF)
- Sinclair Manor water system (PDF)
- Strawhorn water system (PDF)
How can I have my septic tank pumped out?
Contact a private sewer handler to have your septic tank pumped out every 5 years. For more information, view the septic pump-out page.