Tax Payments & Prepayments
The treasurer's office has several ways you can pay.
You can make the following payments online:
- Business License
- Consumer Taxes: Lodging, Consumption
- Dog Licenses: Renewals, New Applications
- Personal Property: Cars, Trucks, Boats, Trailers, Business Property
- Real Estate: Land, Home
Inquire OnlineYou can research, view, and print all tax billing information using our inquiry options.
If you want to view or print a list of principle amounts paid in a calendar year, please select form the options below:
- Look up yearly personal property tax paid: Car, truck, boats, trailers, and business property taxes paid in a given year
- Look up yearly real estate tax paid: Land and home taxes paid in a given year
- Personal Property Tax: Car, Truck, Boats, Trailers, and Business Property
- Real Estate Tax: Land, Home
Treasurer Hanover County
P.O. Box 200
Hanover, VA 23069
To avoid additional cost, any payment is on time if postmarked on or before a due date. Make checks or money orders payable to "Hanover County" and reference your account number on the check.
Drop BoxChecks and money orders (no cash) can be dropped in our 24-hour curbside drop box. Look for the gray box located in front of the Chenault-Weems Building (7507 Library Drive) at the Hanover County Government Complex.
Over the PhoneYou may pay real estate and personal property by phone with a credit card. Call 888-272-9829 and follow the instructions. When paying by phone, you will need to provide Hanover County's jurisdiction code, 1020. There are fees for using this third party service.
In PersonYou may pay in person at the Treasurer's Office Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Hanover County government complex located at:
7507 Library Drive
Hanover, VA 23069
There is a convenience fee for all credit card transactions.