For individuals seeking resource assistance contact:
Hanover Department of Community Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-365-4300
The 211 Help Hotline. They can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or at www.211virginia.org
Contact the Department of Community Resources for Senior Resources related to COVID-19.
COVID-19 Response Funds Available to Nonprofits
The Central Virginia COVID-19 Response fund has added childcare as a funding priority under recovery requests. Through a new application, they are now accepting requests that support childcare operations that serve families of low to moderate income. Grants can support current operations or expansion of child-focused services. Their priority is the children of employees of essential businesses and COVID-related service providers.
For more information about this and other available grant resources for nonprofits through the Central Virginia COVID -19 Response Fund, Community Foundation website
Virginia COVID 19 Energy Assistance Program
The Virginia Department of Social Services Virginia COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program is designed to assist low-income households who are not eligible to receive assistance from the existing energy assistance programs because:
- They do not meet the financial criteria OR the vulnerable individual (household member who is age 60 or over/disabled/under age 6) criteria
- Depending on the availability of funds, the program will provide a one-time payment of $300 to assist eligible households with payment of a heating or cooling expense.
- Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are exhausted. If you have questions about the program, please call our dedicated energy assistance phone line at 1-833-829-2767.
- For more information visit : https://vaservices.dss.virginia.gov/CARES
COVID-19 county announcements and updates can be found at Hanover County's COVID-19 information page
Community Resources Department Overview
Community Resources assists and connects volunteers, human service organizations and available resources to address community needs.
- Help find or create meaningful volunteer opportunities for youth and adults
- Resources and opportunities for youth leadership
- Information and connections to services within the community
- Training on volunteer management and quality programming for youth
- Information and connections to services specific to older adults