Development Fees

Options for Paying Development Fees

Fees can be paid with cash, check, debit card, or credit card at the Treasurer's Office. The Building Inspector's Office, Planning department, and Public Utilities accept checks, debit cards, and credit cards. Additional processing fees apply for credit card payments.

Department Fee Schedules & Details


Requests for land use changes and development plan review require applications and associated application fees, for additional information view the County Zoning and Subdivision Fee Schedule (PDF). For questions contact the Planning department at 804-365-6171.

Public Hearing Payment Schedule

Public Utility Details

  • Plan Review and Inspection fees are four (4) percent of the estimated construction cost of public water and sewer improvements associated with a project.
  • View the Utility Capacity Fees (PDF)

For questions contact Public Utilities at 804-365-6019.

Public Works

Most land disturbing activities require a Land Disturbance Permit Application (PDF) and a fee associated with the area of land being disturbed, for more information view the Public Works Fee Schedule (PDF).

For questions contact Public Works at 804-365-6181