Register for a Program
Pre-registration and payment are required for all classes. We process registrations (PDF) on a first come, first served basis.
7515 Library Drive, Room 120
Hanover, VA 23069
- Fax completed registration form (PDF) and payment to secure line: 804-365-4696
Classes may be cancelled if minimum enrollment is not met two weeks from program start date. Cancellation emails will be sent to registered participants and a full refund will be issued based on the method of payment.
Many of our programs are so popular that they fill quickly. If this happens, be sure to add yourself to the waiting list. As we are able to add additional spaces or other customers withdraw, we will email those on the waiting list.
If space becomes available and you are on the waiting list, please be advised that:
- you will be contacted by email
- you will have two business days to make payment or be removed from the waiting list
- once a program has started, we will not accept additional participants
Withdrawals & Refunds
Written notification is required for all withdrawal and refund requests. You can submit an online form or email us with the participant name, course and reason for request.
- You can withdraw from a class prior to the start date and receive a full refund
- Once a class has started, you may withdraw before the second-class meeting and receive a refund, less material fee
- Refunds will be issued directly to the credit card used for registration or by check (takes up to 4 weeks)
When Hanover County Public Schools are closed due to inclement or adverse weather conditions, all programs are cancelled.
Share your skills and passion by teaching preschoolers, youth, teens, adults, seniors, or persons with special needs in our Hanover community. Talk with us about submitting an instructor proposal, deadlines as follows:
- June 1 (classes offered September - December)
- October 1 (classes offered January - May)
- January 15 (classes offered June - August)
Hanover County Parks and Recreation makes every attempt to provide financial assistance for Hanover County residents wishing to participate in community recreation programs.
Apply online by completing an application for Fun Funds Financial Assistance or download the application and return to the department.