- Your Government
- Departments G-Z
- Parks & Recreation
- Recreation Classes
Register for a Program
Pre-registration and payment are required for all classes. We process registrations (PDF) on a first come, first served basis.
- Online: Discover Recreation
- Mail completed registration form (PDF) and payment to 7515 Library Drive, Room 120, Hanover, VA 2306
- Fax completed registration form (PDF) and payment to secure line: 804-365-4696
Sorry, our instructors cannot accept walk-up registrations or payments and we cannot process registrations over the phone.
Classes may be canceled if minimum enrollment is not met two weeks from the program start date. Cancellation emails will be sent to registered participants and a full refund will be issued based on the method of payment.
Many of our programs are so popular that they fill quickly. If this happens, be sure to add yourself to the waiting list. As we are able to add additional spaces or other customers withdraw, we will email those on the waiting list.
If space becomes available and you are on the waiting list, please be advised that:
- you will be contacted by email
- you will have two business days to make payment or be removed from the waiting list
- once a program has started, we will not accept additional participants
Withdrawals & Refunds
Written notification is required for all withdrawal and refund requests. You can submit an online form or email us with the participant name, course and reason for the request.
- Full refunds will be issued for programs that are full or cancelled by the department, if a change in day, time or location prohibits participant’s attendance, or if participant withdraws prior to the first class meeting.
- If a participant wishes to withdraw from a class/program after the first meeting date, they must do so within two business days, and their refund is subject to a $5 processing fee.
- Refund requests will not be considered once a program has ended.
- Refund requests may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Refunds may take up to four weeks to process.
When Hanover County Public Schools are closed due to inclement or adverse weather conditions, all programs are cancelled.
Hanover County Parks & Recreation continually searches for new recreational program offerings and instructors. Thank you for your interest in offering a program to our community. In order to be considered as a contracted instructor, you must complete and submit a Program Proposal Form describing the program that you would like to instruct/offer. Programs vary depending on the subject matter, some meeting once a week for multiple weeks, some lasting only one day.
Please note that all Program Proposals are reviewed based on factors including, but not limited to, community demand, existing courses, previous history, location and demographics. Recreation staff will contact you regarding the status of your proposal.
Proposals can be submitted online by completing this form
- June 15 (classes offered September - December)
- October 15 (classes offered January - May)
- January 15 (classes offered June - August)
Hanover County Parks and Recreation makes every attempt to provide financial assistance for Hanover County residents wishing to participate in community recreation programs.
Apply online by completing an application for Fun Funds Financial Assistance or download the application and return to the department.