Frequently Asked Questions
- Are your tomatoes really from Hanover?
Yes, all tomatoes available for sale at the Hanover Tomato Festival are delivered directly from Rosa's Garden in Mechanicsville and Hanover Vegetable Farm in Ashland.
- Should I bring cash/credit cards?
NO ATM WILL BE AVAILABLE ON SITE
The event is free to attend, but will have select agriculture, handcraft and artisan vendors as well as delicious Hanover Tomatoes for purchase. It is not guaranteed that all vendors will accept credit cards.
- Is this event Handicap Accessible?
Yes, we do offer handicap accessible parking and restrooms. Please keep in mind that this event venue is on turf and covers a significant distance
- What are the Event Rules?
The Hanover Tomato Festival strives to provide guests with a safe, comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere. All event attendees and park patrons are to abide by the following park rules and event regulations. Those who witness other guests violating these policies should report to the nearest event staff person, volunteer or law enforcement officer.
The following are prohibited on Hanover County park property, including the event field and parking areas for the Hanover Tomato Festival:
Event Field & Parking Area Specific Rules
The following are prohibited on the event field and parking areas for Hanover Tomato Fest:
- Distribution of flyers, promotional materials, and such are limited to within the assigned vendor booth space.
- All staff and volunteers must remain within the approved vendor’s space.
- Walkways must remain clear at all times.
- Is this event rain or shine?
Yes, there is no alternate date for the Hanover Tomato Festival. Be prepared to be outside in hot, sunny weather or humid and rainy weather. We will be here regardless!
- Is the event dog friendly?
Yes! We would love to see your pup join us. On Saturday, July 16 we will be offering Bow Wow Beach to help keep our four-legged friends cool.
Please keep in mind that all animals must remain on a leash at all times.
- Are motorized vehicles allowed at the event?
No, please keep all motorized vehicles (including but not limited to ATV's, golf carts, and e-bikes) at home. They are not allowed at our event.
Manual bicycles are also not recommended as it will be too crowded to safely maneuver around.