- Quick Tips About Vaccinations
Quick Tips About Vaccinations
COVID-19 has impacted us all in the recent months and we are anxious to move past this pandemic and get back to our normal routines. Currently Hanover County is helping to support Chickahominy Health District’s as it rolls out COVID-19 vaccinations to the community. While this rollout is underway, we ask that you remember these important tips:
- Call the Hanover County COVID-19 Call Center to pre-register for the vaccination at 804-365-3240 or you may call the Virginia Department of Health’s vaccination hotline at 1-877-VAX-IN-VA (1-877-829-4682), or you may complete your pre-registration online here. Be advised that the call center is experiencing a very high call volume and you may need to leave a message. Call center representatives are doing their best to return phone calls as soon as possible. Be sure to leave your name and a contact phone number and please be patient.
- Remember that pre-registration is only the first step in the vaccination process. You will not get a vaccination appointment during pre-registration. Once it’s your turn and once vaccine supply and clinics are available, someone will contact you via email or phone to schedule your vaccination appointment.
- You will be able to pre-register family and friends who are unable to do so on their own. The call center and online pre-registration form is designed to accept multiple registrations.
- Please do not call the call center to check on your registration status. Be assured that once it’s your turn and once there is vaccination available, someone from the health department will contact you to make an appointment. Let’s work together to keep the phone lines open for those who are trying to pre-register.
- Help vaccination efforts if you are able to do so. The following links will help you find ways you can assist in the COVID-19 vaccination roll-out campaign: